[Bcoel] BCcampus Open Education: News and updates (July 17, 2019)
lauri.aesoph at bccampus.ca
Wed Jul 17 15:00:52 PDT 2019
Please see below for the latest open education updates at BCcampus and in B.C.
* Résumer, Synthétiser, Argumenter<https://open.bccampus.ca/browse-our-collection/find-open-textbooks/?uuid=3bb05472-867c-47ed-a028-41cbbf9b31ea&contributor=&keyword=&subject=>
* This French language textbook comes from ecampusOntario Open Library<https://openlibrary.ecampusontario.ca/>. Le manuel Résumer, synthétiser, argumenter s’adresse aux étudiants de français langue seconde de niveau avancé (3e ou 4e année universitaire, essentiellement).
* Cree: Language of the Plains / nēhiyawēwin: paskwāwi-pīkiskwēwin<https://open.bccampus.ca/browse-our-collection/find-open-textbooks/?uuid=7d46798d-8735-47b3-967d-498dd437afca&contributor=&keyword=&subject=>
* By Dr. Jean L. Okimāsis and published by the University of Regina Open Access Publishing<https://uofrpress.ca/Open-Access-Publishing>, this book offers a broad range of learning materials that is easily accessible to Cree language learners and includes Cree language audio labs and language workbook.
* Two more textbooks from OpenStax, each with an editable Pressbooks copy.
* Organizational Behavior (OpenStax)<https://open.bccampus.ca/browse-our-collection/find-open-textbooks/?uuid=8a4e55a2-49d2-4c1f-b091-44306cac6e0d&contributor=&keyword=&subject=>
* Principles of Management (OpenStax)<https://open.bccampus.ca/browse-our-collection/find-open-textbooks/?uuid=a164254e-ab7f-4805-9177-e3c7f0ebeb17&contributor=&keyword=&subject=>
* Introduction to Community Psychology<https://open.bccampus.ca/browse-our-collection/find-open-textbooks/?uuid=51425e51-2b24-4386-b1af-2a9547d185ed&contributor=&keyword=&subject=>
* This new textbook, published as part of the Rebus Community<https://www.rebus.community/c/open-textbooks-in-development>, shows students how to comprehensively analyze, investigate, and address escalating problems of economic inequality, violence, substance abuse, homelessness, poverty, and racism.
Support resource update
* See the new Embedding and Linking<https://opentextbc.ca/selfpublishguide/chapter/embed-and-link/> chapter in the Self-Publishing Guide<https://opentextbc.ca/selfpublishguide/>
The following chapters in the OER by Discipline Directory have been updated:
* Academic Success<https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/academic-success/>
* Engineering - General<https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/engineering-general/>
* Language Learning<https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/language-oer-for-specific-languages/>
* Pedagogy and Instructional Design<https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/pedagogy-id/>
* Political Science<https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/political-science/>
* Science - General<https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/sciences-general/>
* Urban Planning<https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/urban-planning/>
We are looking for Subject Matter Experts (SME) from B.C. or other parts of Canada to review textbooks being considered for the B.C. Open Textbook Collection<https://open.bccampus.ca/find-open-textbooks/>. See the list of Books open for review by Canadian faculty<https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/front-matter/b-c-open-textbook-collection-books-under-review/>. Contact bookreviews at bccampus.ca<mailto:bookreviews at bccampus.ca> if you are interested in providing an SME review.
* Help us identify the gaps
Contact opentext at bccampus.ca if you would like to see open textbooks made available for specific subject areas in the B.C. Open Textbook Collection<https://open.bccampus.ca/find-open-textbooks/>. In particular, we'd like to hear of topics in these areas: business, early childhood education (ECE), health, STEM (science, technology, engineering, math), and trades.
* For the most current open education information, take a look at these continuously updated directories:
* Information Directory<https://opentextbc.ca/openedinfo/> - research, articles, blogs, books related to open education in Canada, the U.S., Global North, and Global South regions
* Post-Secondary Directory<https://opentextbc.ca/postsecondary/> - An inventory of all things open for each post-secondary institution in B.C.
The BCcampus Open Education team
Manager, Open Education
Cell: 250-893-0258 • Email: laesoph at bccampus.ca<mailto:laesoph at bccampus.ca>
Twitter: @lauriaesoph<https://twitter.com/lauriaesoph> • Skype: lauri.aesoph • LinkedIn: lauri.aesoph<https://www.linkedin.com/in/lauri.aesoph/>
BCcampus.ca<https://bccampus.ca/> • @BCcampus<https://twitter.com/BCcampus> • #BCcampus<https://twitter.com/hashtag/BCcampus?src=hash>
I acknowledge that the land on which I work and live is the traditional
territory of the Lkwungen-speaking people.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bcoel