[Bcoel] BCcampus Open Education: news and updates (July 4, 2019)
lauri.aesoph at bccampus.ca
Thu Jul 4 16:17:10 PDT 2019
Happy July 4th to our American colleagues! Here are the latest updates from our team to yours.
Books under consideration and review<https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/front-matter/b-c-open-textbook-collection-books-under-review/> for the B.C. Open Textbook Collection are now posted in the OER by Discipline Directory<https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/>.
The Pressbooks Guide<https://opentextbc.ca/pressbooks/> is now an ongoing resource to which information will be updated as needed. Each chapter includes a “Last update” box at the top of the page.
See updates about the retirement of the Pressbooks Open Textbook theme and other Pressbooks news on the Pressbooks Upgrades<https://open.bccampus.ca/pressbooks-updates/> web page.
For B.C. post-secondary institutions only:
* Call for Open Education Sustainability Grant for Institutions<https://open.bccampus.ca/call-for-proposals/open-education-sustainability-grant-for-institutions/>
* We are looking for Subject Matter Experts (SME) from B.C. or other parts of Canada to review textbooks being considered for the B.C. Open Textbook Collection<https://open.bccampus.ca/find-open-textbooks/>. See the list of Books open for review by Canadian faculty<https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/front-matter/b-c-open-textbook-collection-books-under-review/>. Contact bookreviews at bccampus.ca<mailto:bookreviews at bccampus.ca> if you are interested in providing an SME review.
Help us identify the gaps
Contact opentext at bccampus.ca if you would like to see open textbooks made available for specific subject areas in the B.C. Open Textbook Collection<https://open.bccampus.ca/find-open-textbooks/>. In particular, we'd like to hear of topics in these areas: business, early childhood education (ECE), health, STEM (science, technology, engineering, math), and trades.
* For the most current open education information, take a look at these continuously updated directories:
* Information Directory<https://opentextbc.ca/openedinfo/> - research, articles, blogs, books related to open education in Canada, the U.S., Global North, and Global South regions
* Post-Secondary Directory<https://opentextbc.ca/postsecondary/> - an inventory of all things open for each post-secondary institution in B.C.
* OER by Discipline Directory<https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/> - a wide range of open educational resources organized by subject area
* Other BCcampus OpenEd support resources
* Create/Adapt OER<https://open.bccampus.ca/browse-our-collection/find-open-textbooks/?subject=Create/Adapt%20OER>
* Open Education - General<https://open.bccampus.ca/browse-our-collection/find-open-textbooks/?subject=Open%20Education%20-%20General>
* Use OER<https://open.bccampus.ca/browse-our-collection/find-open-textbooks/?subject=Use%20OER>
Manager, Open Education
Cell: 250-893-0258 • Email: laesoph at bccampus.ca<mailto:laesoph at bccampus.ca>
Twitter: @lauriaesoph<https://twitter.com/lauriaesoph> • Skype: lauri.aesoph • LinkedIn: lauri.aesoph<https://www.linkedin.com/in/lauri.aesoph/>
BCcampus.ca<https://bccampus.ca/> • @BCcampus<https://twitter.com/BCcampus> • #BCcampus<https://twitter.com/hashtag/BCcampus?src=hash>
I acknowledge that the land on which I work and live is the traditional
territory of the Lkwungen-speaking people.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bcoel