[Bcoel] BCcampus Open Education: new website, OER and updates (April 10, 2019)
laesoph at bccampus.ca
Wed Apr 10 15:02:43 PDT 2019
In addition to our regular updates, we are proud to announce the new [ https://open.bccampus.ca/ | BCcampus Open Education ] website, a repository for all things open. Check out the new look and feel, and improved access to essential open textbook resources.
Four new open textbooks have been added to the [ https://open.bccampus.ca/browse-our-collection/find-open-textbooks/ | B.C. Open Textbook Collection ] , all from Canadian authors.
[ https://open.bccampus.ca/find-open-textbooks/?uuid=b11be09f-17cf-46c7-a2ab-e5f3dd105713&contributor=&keyword=&subject= | forall x: An Introduction to Formal Logic (Calgary remix) ]
This 2018 remix and revision is from Aaron Thomas-Bolduc and Richard Zach at the University of Calgary. Its unique features include solutions to selected exercises (as an ancillary resource) and a digital PDF in a dyslexia-friendly font.
[ https://open.bccampus.ca/find-open-textbooks/?uuid=fda21686-ebee-401c-8f7d-326a37df2f30&contributor=&keyword=&subject= | Sets, Logic, Computation: An Open Logic Text ]
Also from the University of Calgary, this textbook is based on the Open Logic Project and is written by Richard Zach. It covers naive set theory, first-order logic, sequent calculus and natural deduction, the completeness, compactness, and Löwenheim-Skolem theorems, Turing machines, and the undecidability of the halting problem and of first-order logic.
[ https://open.bccampus.ca/find-open-textbooks/?uuid=d5e4a06c-f83a-4bb2-a875-967edb776c6c&contributor=&keyword=&subject= | Web Accessibility for Developers ]
This technical book, aimed primarily at programmers, comes from The Chang School at Ryerson University. Learn how to develop accessible interactivity on the Web and gain expertise using WAI-ARIA, a W3C specification that enables optimal use of assistive technologies, like screen readers, when navigating the Web. A link to all books in this series, hosted by Ryerson, is included.
[ https://open.bccampus.ca/find-open-textbooks/?uuid=0a272d6e-d5fe-4a51-b20d-e9f6726bb3d3&contributor=&keyword=&subject= | Digital Accessibility as a Business Practice ]
Also from The Chang School at Ryerson, is this textbook, designed to demystify “digital accessibility” as a business practice. It brings together all the pieces of the digital accessibility picture, and provides strategies and resources that will help make digital accessibility a part of an organization’s business culture.
New ancillary resources
New ancillary resources are now available for [ https://open.bccampus.ca/find-open-textbooks/?uuid=19377e5c-92cf-4214-b06e-ce6c7b007f62&contributor=&keyword=&subject= | Democracy in Brief ] including a s ummary and question bank, and PowerPoint slides. These resources were created by Dr. Janni Aragon from the University of Victoria with funding from a BCcampus OER Grant.
Additions to the OER by Discipline Guide
* [ https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/anthropology-and-archaeology/ | Anthropology and Archaeology ]
* [ https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/civil-engineering/ | Civil Engineering ]
* [ https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/course-collections/ | Course Collections ]
* [ https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/dentistry/ | Dentistry ]
* [ https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/english/ | English and Writing ]
* [ https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/french/ | French ]
* [ https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/geography/ | Geography ]
* [ https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/history-world/ | History ]
* [ https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/media/ | Media ]
* [ https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/multimedia-collections/ | Media Collections ]
* [ https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/mental-health/ | Mental Health ]
* [ https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/physics/ | Physics ]
* [ https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/?post_type=chapter&p=1158&preview=true | Pharmacology ]
* [ https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/publishing/ | Publishing ]
We are looking for Subject Matter Experts (SME) from B.C. or other parts of Canada to review textbooks being considered for the [ https://open.bccampus.ca/find-open-textbooks/ | B.C. Open Textbook Collection ] Contact bookreviews at bccampus.ca if you are interested.
Help us identify the gaps
Contact opentext at bccampus.ca if you would like to see open textbooks made available for specific subject areas in the [ https://open.bccampus.ca/find-open-textbooks/ | B.C. Open Textbook Collection ] .
The BCcampus Open Ed team
Lauri Aesoph, BSc
Manager, Open Education
BC campus | Learning.Doing.Leading.
Cell: [ tel:250-580-6949 | 250-893-0258 ] • Email: [ mailto:laesoph at bccampus.ca | laesoph at bccampus.ca ]
Twitter: [ https://twitter.com/lauriaesoph | @lauriaesoph ] • Skype: lauri.aesoph • LinkedIn: [ https://www.linkedin.com/in/lauri.aesoph/ | lauri.aesoph ]
[ https://bccampus.ca/ | BCcampus.ca ] • [ https://twitter.com/BCcampus | @BCcampus ] • [ https://twitter.com/hashtag/BCcampus?src=hash | #BCcampus ]
I acknowledge that the land on which I work and live is the traditional territory of the Lkwungen-speaking people.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bcoel