[Bcoel] BCampus Open Education: new OER and updates (November 13, 2018)
laesoph at bccampus.ca
Wed Nov 14 14:54:58 PST 2018
Here are our updates for November.
In consultation with OpenStax, we are conducting a survey of faculty and others at B.C. post-secondary institutions regarding the demand for Pressbooks files of OpenStax textbooks for adaptation purposes. If you are interested in participating, please fill out [ https://open.bccampus.ca/openstax-pressbooks-survey/ | this survey form ] before November 30, 2018.
New ancillary resources
* A set of five open case studies ( [ http://ubcfarm.ubc.ca/case-studies/ | Sustainable Food Systems on Campus ] ) created by UBC, funded in part by a BCcampus OER, are now available.
* [ https://mail.bccampus.ca/(https://storybookscanada.ca/ | Storybooks Canada ] has been added as an ancillary resource to these ELL books in the BC collection: [ https://open.bccampus.ca/find-open-textbooks/?uuid=3988a71f-654e-4c7c-b662-1bd7fe4ffffe&contributor=&keyword=&subject=English%20Language%20Learning | In the Community: An Intermediate Integrated Skills Textbook ] and [ https://open.bccampus.ca/find-open-textbooks/?uuid=c071db23-acd5-4242-adcc-33b687b33b96&contributor=&keyword=&subject= | In the Workplace: An Intermediate Integrated Skills Textbook ]
New additions to the OER by Discipline Guide
The [ https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/ | OER by Discipline Guide ] is a reference of open educational resources listed by subject area and discipline, and maintained by Josie Gray, the BCcampus Coordinator of Collection Quality. This guide is updated as new resources are identified. Below are the latest additions.
* See the [ https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/part/engineering/ | Engineering ] section for new courses, videos/simulations, textbooks, and ancillary resources.
* [ http://web2.uvcs.uvic.ca/courses/elc/studyzone/ | Study Zone (University of Victoria) ] ,and courses [ https://www.oercommons.org/browse/featured-item/703?__hub_id=34&f.keyword=openwa-idea | Project I-DEA ] and [ https://oli.cmu.edu/courses/american-english-speech-open-free/ | American Engish Speech ] have been added to the Upgrading/ [ https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/english-as-a-second-language/ | English Language Learning (ESL) section. ]
* [ https://open.ubc.ca/sustainable-forest-management-open-courses/ | Sustainable Forest Management Open Course ] (UBC) has been added to the Science/ [ https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/forestry/ | Forestry ] section.
* [ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJzco_RimSMKvH7sg7TWoGw/playlists | Anatomy and Physiology Videos ] have been added to the Science/ [ https://opentextbc.ca/oerdiscipline/chapter/anatomy/ | Anatomy ] section.
Suggestion for the Collection form - improved
To assist those submitting book suggestions, we have added to this form a checklist of the criteria required for open textbooks posted in the [ https://open.bccampus.ca/find-open-textbooks/ | B.C. Open Textbook Collection ] .
Help us identify the gaps
Contact opentext at bccampus.ca if you would like to see open textbooks made available for specific subject areas in the [ https://open.bccampus.ca/find-open-textbooks/ | B.C. Open Textbook Collection ] .
The BCcampus Open Education team
Lauri Aesoph, Manager, Open Education
BC campus | connect.collaborate.innovat e .
250-893-0258 | laesoph at bccampus.ca | Skype lauri.aesoph
120-645 Fort Street | Coast & Straits Salish Territory | Victoria, BC | V8W1G2
[ https://mail.bccampus.ca/bccampus.ca | BCcampus.ca ] | @BCcampus | #BCcampus
Sign up for [ https://bccampus.ca/bccampus-around-the-web/ | BCcampus news ]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bcoel